Re: [stella] game ideas

Subject: Re: [stella] game ideas
From: Ben Larson <wazzapfool@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:44:32 -0800 (PST)
--- Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is, but the playfield was done as repeated,
> not asymmetrical.
>
> It's not quite scorched earth calibre, that's for
> sure.
>
> There definitely is a need for a more advanced
> version of this game, or a
> Warlords/Rampart type game.

I think you'll be pleased to know that the 'artillery
game' I'm working on uses not only an asymmetric
playfield, but..(drum roll) an asymmetric, *random*
playfield. :)  However, I can tell you right now the
game will *not* be scorched earth caliber.  Probably
no power-ups or fancy explosions in the first version
at least.

Regarding the 'Rampart' clone, it would be very sweet,
although probably very hard.  I suppose it could be
done with one castle on the left and one on the right
(instead of diagonally), with the river in the middle.
 That might make things a *little* easier as far as
drawing the river in the middle using the PF
registers.  The castles themselves would be done with
the PF registers too, obviously.  I suppose the
cannons might be able to be done with the player
graphics and some RESPx trickery.  The flying
cannonballs would probably have to be done with just
the ball or missile graphics...if at all.  Probably
some serious flicker any way you cut it...