Re: [stella] braves4515@aol.com

Subject: Re: [stella] braves4515@aol.com
From: "John K. Harvey" <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:30:28 -0600
At 05:58 PM 10/30/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I took this person off Stellalist.
>
>I have nothing against him personally.

Me neither, but Man!  What the hell was he talking about?

Kinda reminds me of the guy who writes to Digital Press every once and
awhile, is very repetitive, and makes no point whatsoever.

Things like the house with 2 rows of 12 circles comments, and the guys who
steps on the cirle goes left on the score make me scratch my head and want
to get some aspirin.  And how can his game be "almost complete"?  I'm going
to go lay down and try not to keep myself awake laughing.  :)

Yeesh!

Glenn, I agree with your decision.  There used to be list rules/guidelines
(I do remmeber back in the days when I started out that non-2600
programming topics were beyond the scope of this list.  This would include
QBASIC issues, and I believe it included collecting topics, as well as
other subject material).

For me, it is getting tiresome to receive a whopping 50 emails at a time in
an environment where I can't read them all.  I've dumped 6 months worth of
stella email into the trash, since I haven't had enough time to catch up on
it.  I'm wondering if there are OT guidelines, or perhaps code distribution
guidelines that need to be defined.  Also, I'm not too interested in
receiveing every point-release of a game, but primarily the "beta" version,
so I can test it for the programmer if need be, and a few earlier
revisions.  It's quite disappointing to try out one of these versions, to
find out one day later that a "bug-fixed" version has been released, even
before the author themselves have tried their product out.  Such things
waste my time.  Consequently, I do know of a couple of "lurkers" who were
on this list for some time, but left about a month ago due to the
unmanageable amount of emails that flooded their Inbozes on a daily basis.
Consequently, I'm considering moving on as well (hey, I may as well be
honest).

Perhaps it would be a good idea to re-establish the guidelines for this
list?  Obviously, the community has changed (which is not a bad thing).
Maybe the guidelines need to change as well?

Am I the only one who feels this way?  Maybe I'm just getting old and
cranky. :)

My two cents,
-John K. Harvey

-