Re: [stella] end of frame??

Subject: Re: [stella] end of frame??
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:29:55 -0500 (EST)

> TIA_w - WSYNC
> Main Callback - current line is 1
> Scanline Callback - current line is 1
> TIA_w - WSYNC
> Main Callback - current line is 2
> Scanline Callback - current line is 2
> TIA_w - VSYNC Stop
> -----------

I'm sorry...this confuses me.  What is a Main Callback? Scanline Callback?
Why would the current line not be incremented after a WSYNC write?
(You have listed 261 twice??)

> Enlightenment Please?  What am I missing? :)  You'll notice that all I do
> is reset the line counter when a VSYNC is written to.

That sounds right.

> PS: May I send a screenshot of my combat screen that I get in my emu to
> anyone?  The screen is scanline-truncated at the bottom for some reason,
> even though when I run, say RiverRaid, the screen looks perfect :/  Anyone
> willing to help?  Does Combat do anything special which I should be aware of?

I think that would be ok.  It might help people visualize what's happening.
Heh...I don't think Combat does anything special, anywhere.  In fact, when
a game does something special, I think "special" is relative to what happens
in Combat.  :)

> TIA - umm, thats thanks in advance, not the damn 2600 TIA - how many times
> has that joke been used on this mail list I wonder? ;)

DOH!  Groan......

-Chris

-