Re: [stella] ...

Subject: Re: [stella] ...
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 09:11:47 -0800
At 08:04 PM 11/1/2001 +1030, you wrote:
I doubt I will go for the paddles, but after the recent discussion of the
driving controllers on the list and some elegant code posted for using them
I might add an option  to allow choice between joystick and driving
controllers (with some inertia to add a little challenge).

Driving controllers are really only suited for rotation-based games since an entire revolution of the paddle yields only 16 state changes. For a 2D platform shooter you'd have to rotate too fast to move any distance.

The effect came about by accident, the colour changes per line were planned
to be more abrubt, but the accidental effect remains.

The colors are set up so that doing gradients is a really easy increment or decrement loop.