Re: [stella] 6502 hardware register writes

Subject: Re: [stella] 6502 hardware register writes
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 13:58:01 -0800
Chris Wilkson wrote:

> Yah, I know.  See my posts on AtariAge about the Coco3 (1.8MHz) vs. a
20MHz
> PC.  (The Coco wins, BTW).

Maybe you could summarize your findings.  For example what kind of processor
did the PC have?  It wouldn't be hard to beat an 8088.

In any case I wouldn't say Andrew has no chance of success.  Especially if
he has some clever new emulation architecture.  Besides, it shouldn't take
more than a couple of weeks to code up enough of an emulator to draw a
playfield and a couple of players.  From that one could see what the
performance will really be like before investing too much in the details.