Coco3 vs. PC (OT) (was Re: [stella] 6502 hardware register writes)

Subject: Coco3 vs. PC (OT) (was Re: [stella] 6502 hardware register writes)
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 17:31:15 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, John Saeger wrote:

> Chris Wilkson wrote:
>
> > Yah, I know.  See my posts on AtariAge about the Coco3 (1.8MHz) vs. a
> 20MHz
> > PC.  (The Coco wins, BTW).
>
> Maybe you could summarize your findings.  For example what kind of processor
> did the PC have?  It wouldn't be hard to beat an 8088.

It wasn't my finding...I read it someplace online, back in '93 or '94.
I'm pretty sure it was a 286 based PC, running DOS/Win3.1 at 20MHz.  I know
the Coco3 is 6809 (1.78MHz) based and running Nitros-9, but they may have been
running a 6309 processor.  The Coco outperformed the pc in pretty much
everything but floating point, and it was close even there.  Again...these
weren't my results, but I knew a lot about the Coco 3 at the time, and I
truly believed it could do what the article said...

-Chris