Re: [stella] Gunfight

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 08:16:14 +0100
Hi Glenn!

>Manuel, have you thought about changing the name of
your game for the final
>release?

Actually: Yes.

>Gunfight is the name of the Midway original, after all.

Would you change it, because it isn't too close to the
original, or because of legal issues?

I don't really fear legal troubles. I'm not stealing any
audio/visual stuff from the original game and the
gameplay is way extended compared to the original.

But for the same reasons I think a name change could
make sense...

...on the other hand, the added '2600' to gunfight
should already indiciate by the name, that it's
different. :-)

>Why not Maybe "The Good, The Bad, and the Pixellated"?
>Or maybe "Revolver".

I'm in some ways too used to 'gunfight' to drop it. I
was thinking about some very minor change like
'gunfighter', which still is refering to its origin, but
indicating a difference, too.

Greetings,
	Manuel