Re: [stella] Re: Gunfight Release Candidate(s)

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: Gunfight Release Candidate(s)
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:31:26 +0100
Manuel wrote:
> Hm... I sequenced NTSC notes for the NTSC BIN on Z26.

Are the values between NTSC and PAL different?

That could explain why Glenn doesn't like the NTSC version. If you listen for an out of tune version for a while, your brain might adapt to it. And when you then switch to another version, which is out of tune different, this version may sound worser than it should.

> So if someone provides me with better fitting tables,
> let's say within the next two weeks, I'll be happy to
> replace the current one's.

Unfortunately, I can't test your games on real hardware (and I don't trust my soundcard), but I think, you should give Tune2600 a try. It makes it fairly easy to produce the (in my theory) best sounding notes.

And don't use different values for NTSC and PAL, I think, you don't have to. (see my reply to Glenn's post).

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |