Re: [stella] perfect timing

Subject: Re: [stella] perfect timing
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:57:38 +0100
Glenn wrote:
> >You should move the TombstoneIndexer routine at the end of the loop.
> >That way you save the extra JMP TombstoneScanline (3 cycles).
> But the downside of that is you can't do important sprite stores at the end
> of the scanline.  You need to be able to do that to avoid the tearing problems.

There can be difference between the scanlines and the code layout. A new scanline can start everywhere in the code. So, the TombstoneIndexer routine can be right at the end of the code and still in the middle of a scanline. (i.E. xxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxx|xxxxlll )

> I know this doesn't sound exactly like what you are suggesting, but given
> my level of skill with the 2600 right now, it's the best I can actually
> code for.

Sure, in the end it should be *your* game (and *your* kernel).

Have fun!
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Beim WEB.DE Lottoservice:

Archives (includes files) at