Re: [stella] Imprints?

Subject: Re: [stella] Imprints?
From: Jake Patterson <jpatters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:52:55 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, TwoHeaded Software wrote:

> I've noticed that some of the homebrew authors publish their games
> under a brand or "imprint".  Bob Colbert has Retroware.  Andrew Davie
> has TwoHeaded Software (and also Retroactive, mentioned on his web
> page).  Billy Eno ("Warring Worms") has Baroque Gaming.
>
> What are these imprints?  Are they simply names that the authors are
> using as a blanket identity for their games, or did they go through the
> trouble of registering the name as a company, and if so, what was the
> legal red tape involved?

I have been using "Elektrovision" informally (not that I have actually
released anything under that name...) but I may need to change it... there
seams to be some company using that name now.  They apparantly do some
sort of internet live streaming thing, I don't know any details since
"internet live streaming" are just about the only english words on their
site.  Yes, I'm lame, I can only read english.

I was going for somthing classic video game sounding, you know, like
Colecovision, Microvision, Activision, etc.

Hmm...  brainstorm time...

Neutrinovision
TIAvision
Stellavision
Wsyncvision
Syncrovision
Synkrovision

Of course, it doesn't really have to have the form /something/vision...

um...

Opcodeware
No-op Design
Codemagic
Kilomagic
Opcodewaremagicvision Design :-)
Vector Ops (may be better suited to Vectrex development... and only those
familiar with obscure old fixed frequency Mac monitors will get the joke)

--
       |@ ]@[ @|