Re: Z26, VSYNC, Timers, somebody HELP ME! (was: Re: [stella] Gunfight Release Candidate(s))

Subject: Re: Z26, VSYNC, Timers, somebody HELP ME! (was: Re: [stella] Gunfight Release Candidate(s))
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:32:47 +0100
Hi Andrew!

>My experience (with my PAL setup) suggests that getting
the scan line count
>just a little 'wrong' is worse than getting it a lot
'wrong'.
>eg. 261, 263, 313 are all bad with the loss of most of
the colour, 240 and
>324 are vibrant.

As far as I remember, I never experienced any color
loss.

The troubles I had with some eBay cartridges was, that I
got sort of a rolling picture, usually it looked like if
there was three times the same part of a picture
repeated over the screen accompanied with some weird
flicker/rolling effects.

I experienced this so far with 3 Football cartridges as
well as with Bowling, Night Driver & Breakout.

I'm not even 100% sure if these were NTSC cartridges. At
least they had no 'P' anywhere and didn't work.

Greetings,
	Manuel