[stella] A newbie to 6502 needs some starting steps

Subject: [stella] A newbie to 6502 needs some starting steps
From: "Lt. Cmdr. Jess LaFleur" <jedilord60@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 02:11:19 +0000
Hey people.
Well since im a newbie to 6502 might as well start by asking
how do i start???
Ive found tons of info on 6502, including opcodes, samples, references and the like. but i still cant actually program in it!!!
I cant afford to go and buy books and the library doesn't have any ASM books in any of the branches. So, im just gonna have to ask you guys.
And i kinda want it to be 2600 compatable.
Yeah i know 6502 ASM is not a good place to start, but you have to start at one point right? I dont want to start on something easier or something really easy and crappy. I want to learn 6502 Atari 2600 ASM
but i just dont understand the code! I cant see how those commands do what they do. and also, i cant seem to compile any ASM for the 2600 code that ive found in DASM. what is the command line I should type?

Well, thanks for your patience if you help me. I need a tutorial type thing that i can get _online_.

~Atari-Jess
"Have you played Atari today?"