[stella] Midified VCS...

Subject: [stella] Midified VCS...
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:09:20 +0100 (CET)
Hi there!

With the outcome of yesterdays discussion,
I talked with one of the techheads in our
company.

He was suggesting to use a chip by a company
called ATMEL, out of this series:

http://www.atmel.com/atmel/products/prod23.htm

With (the right) one of these, I could not only do
any sort of Serial2Parrallel conversion, but analysing,
buffering & converting the data in whatever way I
want to, plus I'm almost totally free in
dividing/shifting the workloads between the VCS and
the Feeding-Circuit. That might even enable the
VCS to do something visual onscreen whilst processing
the MIDI data and/or it could enable the VCS to
play a complete set of percussion SFX as well!

Besides, the mentioned guy agreed to help me
building the hardware and he's already
experienced in programming these chips, so
we've exprience on both ends and will
hopefully meet somewhere in the middle :-)

As soon as I can afford a cuttle cart, we're
ready to start :-)

Any further ideas, suggestions, hints, dos and don'ts
are highly welcome!

Greetings,
     Manuel

Sparalarm bei Zooplus! 10% auf alle Bestellungen!
http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/zoorabatt