Re: [stella] Midified VCS...

Subject: Re: [stella] Midified VCS...
From: Oliver Achten <achten@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 16:38:57 +0100 (MET)
  Now that
> the
> TIA schematics are available one would expect that it would be
> straightforward.  But I'm very curious as to how straightforward it would
> actually be.  I'm not sure if by looking at the TIA schematics one could
> predict for example the Cosmic Ark effect, or any of the multitude of
> other
> weird effects having to do with sprite positioning.

Do you know where I can get these schematics? I actually planned to redesign
the TIA in TTL logic, but I realized that reverse engineering the TIA would
be FAR too complex if you want to include every strange sideeffect of the IC
(with high possibility that new discovered effects wont work). SO, having the
schematics, I could understand how the IC works and would be able to to a
nearly perfect implementation of the design, enabling all sideeffects and being
able to improve the chip (including RGB support for both PAL and NTSC), and
writing down a doc how the TIA works.

Regards

      Oliver Achten

http://www.gmx.net