[stella] Re: Poker Solitaire

Subject: [stella] Re: Poker Solitaire
From: apeboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 07:54:45 GMT
B. Watson writes:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Roger Williams wrote:

> I haven't tested it on real hardware yet.

I'm not feeling that energetic, as I have to burn a 2532. If nobody
with a Cuttle Cart does it, I'll do it tomorrow.

Actually, about half an hour ago, I did burn an EPROM... Somewhat to my surprise, worked perfectly the first time. However... I'd love to find out how well it works unmodifired on a PAL console, which is a thing I'll probably never have..

It works fine on my PAL woody (via Cuttle cart), although the red cards are green (changed RED to $62 and RED is red for PAL).

> And maybe the worst problem of all: The entire game only takes up the
> right-hand side of the display.

Now I haven't looked at your code (except to change RED) (I am trying to avoid looking at much code until I have finished my first game), but would it be possible to move more of the setup code to before the WSYNC to allow a more centred display?

Have you considered using the missiles as a 9th bit on the left side of the cards for symmetry?

Definitely cool. The shuffling impression is perfect. You can't get
this kind of animation on a bitmapped display without 100+MHz
processing.

Yes, it is a good effect, and will be a good addition to the 2600 library when finished.

Regards,
Andrew Wallace