Re: [stella] BAStella Language Reference V0.000000001

Subject: Re: [stella] BAStella Language Reference V0.000000001
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:08:20 -0800
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>

> You should mark all games produced with BAStella with a copyright screen.
That way, all products would be easy recognizable and you would also
encourage the people to still want to write their very own game.

> If BAStella had existed without that before, maybe many original homebrews
wouldn't exist.

If I can think of a way to do this without crippling overhead, I'll probably
do it.
I am very concerned about ruining the "specialness" of "real" VCS games by
making the VCS itself more accessible, while at the same time I think it
would
be beneficial to make the VCS more accessible to get more people interested
in it.

It's a good idea.  I'm sure by the time I get it to compile I'll have
thought of
a suitably low-impact way to mark BAStella games.  (Of course, the first
machine language hack any BAStella user will do is removing the notice...)

--Roger Williams