Re: [stella] Copy Protection

Subject: Re: [stella] Copy Protection
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 20:05:43 +0100
John Saeger wrote:
>> because they were released commercially
>> in cartridge form where people could buy them, we feel their inclusion is
>> important.

> Why is the fact that a thief made money at something the deciding factor?
> At this point I think the creativity and originality is what should be
> rewarded with our memory.  And the original artists should have their own
> place unsullied by the copy cats.

You took the words right out of my mouth :-)

I think, the reason for this is, that there is a difference from the
collectors point of view (which I can't follow exactly).

An extra category (Original, PAL/NTSC Conversion, Pirate, Hack) might solve that
problem. Then you could easily use a filter for the originals.

And finally the world would have an answer to the question "How many
original games were ever done for the 2600?" :-)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |