Re: [stella] VCSC.H version 1.0

Subject: Re: [stella] VCSC.H version 1.0
From: AutismUK@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:17:32 EST
In a message dated 28/11/01 2:31:49 GMT Standard Time, ecwilkso@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Glenn Saunders wrote:

 > Also, has anyone tried using TASM?  It looks like it compares fairly well
 > with DASM, but with the advantage of being usable for Z80 and 6809 code
 > also.  TASM also has a way to define new opcode support in your asm files
 > (i.e. illegal opcodes).

 I've heard really good things about TASM, though I haven't used
 it personally.  Seems like someone here uses it.

 Anyone?  (we know who you are, and we have the rabbit!) >>

Yep, it's very nice, though its macro facility is a bit limited.
I've used it to produce new assemblers for the 1802 and SCMP
CPUs and one or two bytecode machines.

The new opcode support is a bit so-so. You have to fudge some
things, if it doesn't fit one of the standards the current assemblers
have.