Re: [stella] Farewell, StellaList

Subject: Re: [stella] Farewell, StellaList
From: "MoonlightKnight" <mnlghtnt@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:02:39 -0600
Ok, I should have been more specific. There is a lower limit I'm not willing
to cross. I meant that I wanted to collect all the *original* homebrew
carts. That doesn't mean that a well done hack is completely off limits, but
I wouldn't rush to buy one of them until I've played it in ROM form.

At the moment, unfortunatly, I only *own* an original copy of Crazy Valet.
Which I might add is well made game despite its simplicity. I have ROMS of
QB, Oystron, Gunfight, and Poker Solitaire among others. These are all good
games and I would like to own a copy of them all eventually. I have other
ROM like Adventures on GX12 and a redux of Space Invaders that I'm not
interested in at all.

The problem that most collector/players like myself have is not always
knowing when something new is coming out. I would have loved to own an
original copy of Okie Dokie but I didn't even know it existed until earlier
this year! I know I can still get one from Hozer but an original would have
been nice. While the Stella list has helped me to track down many of these
homebrew games, there are a lot of people like me who don't know these games
are out there. I'm sure more people would want to buy homebrew carts if they
only knew about them.

Too bad there isn't a way to get the word out to a larger market. The
websites I've been to are good, but not enough people know about them
either.

Thanks
Brian J Nelson