Re: [stella] Farewell, StellaList

Subject: Re: [stella] Farewell, StellaList
From: "Dennis Debro" <dnsdebro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:21:56 -0500
Wow!! A silent StellaList lurker finally speaks out :)

I agree with you here Glenn. It's almost like, "Ohhh, new shiny new
sparkly...I've gotta have it." I mean why even bother going through the
trouble of cannibalizing a cartridge to put in a box that someone will never
open. You could have just as well filled it with rocks :)

I know there are some people that would actually play the game like Tempest
and myself but if your're into collecting the packaging...why not just
collect the packaging. What does the cart do for you if you never open the
box?

There has been a lot of interest in Atari homebrews lately. This can be good
and bad at the same time. It could be good by giving us gamers more good
games to play. It could also be bad by giving us gamers more bad games to
play. We may be looking at another video game crash.

I joined the list because I thought it was cool that you guys were
programming the 2600. As a child (I'm sure everyone had the same dream) I
would dream of doing just that. I also joined the list to get information on
Stella. I was and still am amazed at how these games can be written given
her limitations. Of course I also enjoy the 6502 coding discussion that
takes place here. You guys come up with some very interesting ways of
optimizing code.

I had planned to do some Stella programming too but I have backed off to
look into the 5200. When I finish my project I will do some packaging too
just to complete the whole thing. I want to see it go from start to finish
like Andrew Davie did with 'Qb'.

As for hacks I generally stay clear of them unless they're an enhanced
version like "A Better Pacman". I think hacks should be marketed differently
if at all.

Okay I have rambled enough. It's time for me to stay silent again?

To all...please don't get discouraged with the flooding of the market. In
the end only the good titles will float to the surface.