Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire build 020

Subject: Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire build 020
From: "B. Watson" <urchlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:07:24 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Manuel Polik wrote:

> Hi Brian!

Hey, Manuel.

> Though I yet haven't spent too much time playing Poker
> Solitaire, I'd like to say that the current display is
> just perfect for a card game!

You get at least some of the credit, for talking me into
trying a centered display when I'd given up on it as being
`impossible' :)

> You should definitely try to implement some more
> variants. The kernel is done, the display is fine, so
> you should utilize all the possibilities it offers to
> you...

well, I could include the `lowball' version where you're
trying to not score points, but you can already do that without
adding anything to the code. The only other variation I can
think of would be the `sliding puzzle' where all the cards are
already dealt out and you're trying to slide them around to make
the best poker hands you can (there can be timed and move-limited
versions of this).

so if I'm going to have 3 or 4 game variations, I need the
Select button to choose between them... so I need another way
to display the crib sheet... perhaps holding down the button?
or put a little icon of a question mark to the right of the
card about to be played, and let the user choose that with
the joystick?

hmmmm.

B.