[stella] Re: Midified VCS...

Subject: [stella] Re: Midified VCS...
From: Oliver Achten <achten@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:11:30 +0100 (MET)
Hello Mark!

Since i hadnt't time to visit my e-mail account until today, i wasn't able
to respond fast. Couldnt't guess that a big surprise was waiting here...
:D

First, a *VERY* big thankyou for your effort to put the schematics online!
Now i will have a deep look into it. My first look made me smile, because it
really does not seem to be that complex (less than 5000 gates). Once i
figured out how the counters work, i will start prototyping a TIA in TTL
logic. This will be my biggest project i have ever started, so it might take a
long time until results are visible. Would be really cool if we could exchange
our experiences with the diagrams here, since i don't think that i am the
only person here who intends to do a clone. The fact amazes me,that this list
started with raw information about VCS programming, continued with exploiting
the TIA and the VCS itself nearly to the edge from a programmers point of
view and finally comes to the point, where we are able, to recreate the whole
machine in every single detail. This list holds a big piece of responsibility
that the technical interest in this system has extremely risen in the past few
years. The result: even in the 21st century, the VCS will play an important
role in our modern technical culture.

Phew, calm down...

So long

     Oliver