[stella] Re: Finally found some time to work on my gameX

Subject: [stella] Re: Finally found some time to work on my gameX
From: apeboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:22:23 GMT
Phantom of the Opcodes writes:

The fade-out laser effect is nice, but behaves a little different than I'd
expect.. if an object runs into the laser while it's fading out, I expect
that to count as a hit.. Otherwise what's the point of the persistent laser?

Firstly as you said, it is a nice effect (and it makes it even less obvious that the laser flickers (the ball is used for both lasers)).
It is also meant as a visual clue to the player that they cannot fire again yet.
The fade is just 'persistence of vision'.

Regards,