Re: [stella] How to make Stella (please help)

Subject: Re: [stella] How to make Stella (please help)
From: Greg Miller <gmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:08:47 -0600
Thomas Jentzsch wrote:

I've downloaded the source, the newest DJGPP-version and followed the instructions on how to install DJGPP. It starts compiling, but then I get the following first (and a lot of other) error:

In file included from ../emucore/Cart.cxx:21:
../emucore/Cart.hxx:70: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `string' with no type

And that's the line:
static string autodetectType(const uInt8* image, uInt32 size);

I guess, the compiler doesn't recognize 'string', but I have no idea why (INCLUDES?). (I'm only used to Microsoft C++ environments, shame on me ;-)

Older versions of gcc didn't correctly implement namespaces. They simply included a hack that
allowed "std::string" to be treated as synonymous with "string"... Naturally, lots of code was
written that relied on that. It sounds like you're running into this problem. You can add a line
consisting of "using namespace std;" or add "std::" to each symbol that gives you an error.

That said, I haven't looked at the code and I'm too lazy to do it right now.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/              http://www.indie-games.com/