Re: [stella] Synthcart beginnings

Subject: Re: [stella] Synthcart beginnings
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:03:44 +0100
At 14.01.2002, 21:00, Paul Slocum wrote:
> Howdy guys!  I finally have some free time to start programming again.  I
> always enjoy checking out work-in-progress ROMs on the list, so here's my
> Synthcart in the early stages.  It's got a long way to go, but it does make
> sound.  You use two keyboard/touchpad/kids controllers to play it.  The
> B&W/LDif/RDif switches choose the sound you want and the Select and Reset
> switches lock that sound in on the left and right controllers.  I'm not
> sure if the emulators will do it much justice (sound emulation isn't so
> great on my computer), but you might try it on a Cuttle Cart.

Hi Paul,
since the list has been very quiet during the last weeks, I think at
least I should give you some feedback.

I've just tried your program with z26 on my PC (who has a somewhat
"problematic" soundcard).

Still, (after finding out how to set the sounds for both channels :-),
I could produce some quite surprising nice sounds (well, I won't compare
them with your cool AtariAge mp3 demos). I'm very sure, that with a real
2600, it would sound even better.

I still don't know, how to change any values of the lower part of the
display. (NYI?)

BTW: What happened to Kevin Hortons idea of 6 channel music?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |