Re: [stella] Perfect BIN copy protection

Subject: Re: [stella] Perfect BIN copy protection
From: Lee Krueger <resqsoft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 05:40:27 -0800
Chad Schell wrote:

> > >See above out the timing of Jammed.  And if you're
> >really looking for just
> > >for $5.00 commission, why not use the Cuttle Cart to
> >your advantage and
> > >just sell the ROM for $5.00, kind of like shareware.
> >
> >Hm... people not wanting to spend 16$ for a real
> >cartridge would spend 5$ for receiving _nothing_
> >instead?
>
> Give it a try.  You might be surprised.  I know a lot of people that will
> happily spend $5.00 for just about anything, but balk at spending
> $16.00.  Everyone has their threshold.

I think this might work. Especially, if you had Hozer distribute the games on CD rom to play on
the Cuttle Cart.  A CD with the cart artwork and manual for less than $10 I think is possible. It
could contain the bin and a wav file for play on emus, SuperCharger, and Cuttle Cart and still
pay your royalty. As a collector/gamplayer, I'd buy it. Especially if it was packaged nicely.

Just my 2 cents...

-Lee