Re: [stella] Game Reset/Select not working on PCAEWin

Subject: Re: [stella] Game Reset/Select not working on PCAEWin
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 21:35:22 +0100
> When I run the Synthcart on PCAEWin, the Game Reset and Game Select
> switches don't work.  The switches work on all the other games I try on
> PCAEWin.  And the Synthcart doesn't have any problem reading the Game
> Select or Reset on any other emulator or on a real Atari.  Any ideas?

That's pretty strange. The switches seem to work in the DOS version of
PCAE, so it's not a general problem in the emulator core. Maybe it's
something in the keyboard handler, when the keypad controllers are
active. Did you try your program without enabeling these? Or did
you try other keypad programs to see if these work properly?

Is it only a problem with these two switches, or do the other three
don't work as well? If it's all switches, then maybe you are not
setting the data direction for SWBCNT properly. Did you try the
Synthcart right after starting the emulator, or did you play other
games first? Maybe another game changed some settings in the emulator,
and PCAEWin doesn't reset them properly between games.

BTW, I like your Marble Craze title screen. I think Shooting Arcade
tried to smooth out some letters in it's title screen as well, but
that's only a very limited effort. Your's is much better.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg