Re: [stella] Warring Worms Final Debug
Subject: Re: [stella] Warring Worms Final Debug|
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 02:57:03 -0600
I am posting the final debug version of Warring Worms. Please give it a
shot. I finally fixed the last glaring bug and added some new features.
The bug was the collision detection problem that happened occasionally where
a missile would miss a head and hit the body of the snake behind it.
I played a bit and I found a bug where some extra lines appear on the
screen. It doesn't happen very often so it may be a bit tricky to track
down, but I did manage to get a screen shot of it. I was playing game
#10. It seems to only happen in the middle of the screen.
One possibility if you're using a symmetrical playfield is that your middle
playfield write is off by one cycle. Looks like you might be doing
something that sometimes takes a cycle more than expected, like indexing
across a page boundary. It showed up on both the real Atari via Cuttle
Cart and PCAEWin.
Description: JPEG image