Re: VSYNC problems (was: [stella] Thomas Jentzsch's PAL -> NTSC Conversions)

Subject: Re: VSYNC problems (was: [stella] Thomas Jentzsch's PAL -> NTSC Conversions)
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 06:41:37 -0800
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> I understand, but Gas Hog does an WSYNC before turning of VSYNC too (see
> my previous post). So that can't be the reason here.

They must have messed up the cycle count then.  I really don't believe
that processing during VSYNC could mess up the pulse, since it is
essentially a digital signal.  But we all know what happens if you wait
78 cycles before STA WSYNC, or if you think you've waited 76
to get 2 lines when you only have 74.

Of course someone with an oscilloscope, a VCS, and a cart could
probably clear this right up.

--Roger Williams