Re: [stella] Starfield V 1.0

Subject: Re: [stella] Starfield V 1.0
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 18:37:00 +0100
Hi Thomas!

>> While this is some buggy work-in-progress code, I
>> thought you might find that current BIN snapshot
>> somewhat interesting. :-)
>
>> NOTE: Use your joystick!
>
>> NOTE²: Starfire probably won't have that many stars,
>> since each is consuming 3 bytes of RAM...

>Nice effect! The increasing brightness remembers me at
the (unreleased)
>kernel hack I did on Starmaster about a year ago. Is
that code based on
>Starmaster too?

The general star calculation is adopted from Starmaster,
but I wrote a 2LK from scratch for the display.
Starmaster can do stars only every 6th line, I can now
do them every 2nd.
There's still a lot of tweaking necessary, I'm doing
~100 lines too many at the moment :-)

I'm not sure how everything will work out in the end,
since I already need a complete scannline for the
starfield only. :-)

>BTW: IMO it would look even better, if the stars would
move a bit slower.

Ok.

Greetings,
	Manuel