Re: [stella] Distella/Maze Craze problem

Subject: Re: [stella] Distella/Maze Craze problem
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 19:48:17 +0100
At 09.02.2002, 18:30, Paul Slocum wrote:
> I'm working on disassembling the Maze Craze kernal, but when I use
> distella, I get a 688k file.  It's too big to open it in my editor.  I
> looked at it with a binary editor, and it seems to be putting very long
> rows of spaces on some lines.  Do you guys have the same problem?  I'm able
> to disassemble other games with no problem.

The problem is that you are trying to disassemble data blocks as code.
DiStella has a bug for illegal opcodes making the lines to long.

You can either try to bugfix DiStella (just replace 15 with something
higher here: for (charcnt=0;charcnt<15-strlen(nextline);charcnt++) )
or
use a configuration file where exclude the data part from disassembling.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |