Re: [stella] Y adapter chart

Subject: Re: [stella] Y adapter chart
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:07:23 +0100
Glenn wrote:
> I updated the Death Derby homepage with a chart similar to what I posted
> earlier.
>
> Again, if there are any errors, please let me know.  I'm assuming the
> verdict is that the driving controller uses the up/down pins/bits.
>
> http://www.gamedevelopers.net/deathderby/index.cfm?action=journal

Looks correct to me. Very cool!

When people have bought your game with Y-adapter, there will be some more controller hacks to be done.  ;-)

BTW: What about the fire buttons, will both be connected?
And why don't you connect the left and right directions too (technical problems?)? Then you could play all other games too, without removing the adapter.

Or you could change the joystick pins to R=0, L=1, D=2 and U=3, and we would get a joystick for left handers (like me :-).

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |