Re: [stella] Definitive Combat Disassembly

Subject: Re: [stella] Definitive Combat Disassembly
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 11:28:39 +0100
At 03.03.2002, 01:15, Glenn Saunders wrote:
> The way I do it is to store a set of sprite graphics address pointers for
> each of the 15 unique sprite rotation settings (the 16th being the same as
> the 1st).  Then I have a simple greater-than less-than check to determine
> whether to use the reflection bit or not.  In other words, rotations 1-7
> (right) don't reflect, and 8-15 (left) do.

> I guess there is more than one way to do this sort of thing...  It just
> seems like my way is the most straightforward.

> Thomas, how did you handle this in Thrust?

I have only 9 sprite graphics address pointers and do the reflection
with a simple compare, like you do. Here is the code:

MAXDIR = 32

;*** setup routine ***
    lda     P1dir
    cmp     #MAXDIR/2+1
    bcc     .noReflection
    eor     #$ff
    adc     #MAXDIR
.noReflection:
    tax
    lda     ShipPatTab,x

;*** start of kernel ***
    lda     #MAXDIR/2-1     ; bit 3 is enabled here
    cmp     P1dir
    bcs     .noReflect
    sta     REFP1           ; enable bit 3
.noReflect: