[stella] Qb debacle

Subject: [stella] Qb debacle
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 02:33:34 +1100
Well, for those who haven't heard yet, I manufactured 100 cartridges of Qb
Special Edition containing a showstopper bug.  Basically somehow I managed
to include the biggest screen glitch ever, without actually seeing it during
my testing.   My recent checking shows me scanline counts of mostly 262,
shooting up to 288 at some stages.  I am >not< a happy chappy.

I have reworked the SE ROMs, and this time thought I'd call on the list to
just do a bit of testing on actual HW for me.  I'm attaching both a PAL and
NTSC version - what I'm looking for is stable 262 lines on NTSC and 312 on
PAL.  There should be no screen glitching during gameplay.  If these are
given a clean bill of health in a day or two, woeful me will arrange for
manufacture of another bunch of cartridges for delivery to the masses.

Needless to say, this hurts.  Big-time.  Any help you can provide will be
very much appreciated.

Cheers
-
Andrew Davie - adavie@xxxxxxxxxxx