Re: [stella] Qb debacle

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb debacle
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:04:05 +0100
> I have reworked the SE ROMs, and this time thought I'd call on the list to
> just do a bit of testing on actual HW for me.  I'm attaching both a PAL
and
> NTSC version - what I'm looking for is stable 262 lines on NTSC and 312 on
> PAL.  There should be no screen glitching during gameplay.  If these are
> given a clean bill of health in a day or two, woeful me will arrange for
> manufacture of another bunch of cartridges for delivery to the masses.

I've tried both versions on my Cuttle Cart and on z26. As far as
I can tell, the PAL version is stable all the time. I noticed that
you have extended the background colour on the bottom of the screen.
Now the black bar is only on the top of the screen, which looks a
bit strange.

As others have reported, the NTSC version does some scanlines
too many when it is changing levels. Usually it's only a couple
of lines more, which doesn't cause any trouble. But ocasionally
it might go into the 270s, which results in a screen jump on my
TV. If this is the problem that caused the reworking, you might
have to have another look.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg