Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Star Fire: Getting Closer: Perfect Sorting solution

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Star Fire: Getting Closer: Perfect Sorting solution
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:43:02 +0100
Hi Glenn!

>The net effect is to minimize flicker and still give
the illusion of
>complete freedom of movement.

Of course you're absolutely right with all of this. In
future stages of the project, I'll try to do my best to
avoid flicker situations, by choosing paterns that are
flicker friendly, by making most ships more interested
in moving horizontal then vertical and so on.

The chaos I currently display is just some wild testing
pattern, so that I can work on perfecting my routines.

Later in the game, most ships will move way slower, too.
Normally your own ship is moving the most, which will
result in somewhat *constant* enemy positions, which'll
help avoiding flicker too.

Greetings,
	Manuel