Re: [stella] Scan lines, FotR....

Subject: Re: [stella] Scan lines, FotR....
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:13:16 +0200
At 24.04.2002, 04:12, Adam Thornton wrote:
> Turns out Dark Mage *also* has 271 scan lines.  So it's not anything my
> code, in particular, is doing, but rather something in Greg's engine.

Change that code in "Picture":
           ldx #12 -> ldx #3  ;setup loop to
       topMargin
           sta WSYNC          ;draw 3 (was 12) blank lines at top of screen

That will give you exactly 262 lines (and also slightly less flicker :-).

BTW: I have optimized the text display routine a little bit. Now you
could display about extra 3 lines of text. If you are interested, drop
me a mail.

> Where would I look to figure out whether that's something I can reduce
> to a more NTSC-friendly value (I assume 262 or 263 would be ideal...) ?

Whatever you change, make sure that you create an *even* number of
lines, else there will be only b/w on PAL TVs.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |