Re: [stella] Cosmic Ark disassembled

Subject: Re: [stella] Cosmic Ark disassembled
From: "Gary Szwiec" <gszwiec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:42:27 -0500
Hi Tom,

Do you know where I can get a vcs.h header file that will resolve some errors I'm getting when I assemble this source?

Thanks very much,
Gary.

From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
To: stella@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [stella] Cosmic Ark disassembled
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:01:52 +0200

Hi,
after a long break, here is another disassembly from me: Cosmic Ark.

I didn't find to many new things, except that this is the first game I
know, that uses "fractional addition techniques". This was required by
the Stella Programmer's Guide (see page 16) to make conversions from
NTSC to PAL much more accurate.

I had a quick look at a few other Imagic games, and they seem to have
used this technique generally. Compared to the simple conversions of
Activision (or my own), this is IMO a major quality improvement.

And Cosmic Ark game was originally planed to have a non-cooperative two player
mode.

See the my notes at the top of the source for more details.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |
<< CosmicArk.zip >>