Re: [stella] Unending VDEL hell

Subject: Re: [stella] Unending VDEL hell
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:54:23 -0400
Manuel Polik wrote:
Hm... depends on the game then, I'd say. I don't think it'd add much to Gunfight, but I agree that a higher precission is better for Thrust.

Definitely a game by game... Eckhard showed me how my code had everything moving by two lines up or down each frame and single scan precision wasn't just unnecessary, it was downright silly! When I had things moving one line at a time, things looked like molassas, so for my demo double scan was the only way to go (different objects on even versus odd helped the kernel as well).

All depends on what you're trying to do. At least my goal of single scan res just for its own sake was pretty silly.

Ruffin Bailey