Re: OFF TOPIC: Re: [stella] help! distella -> dasm case sensitivity

Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC: Re: [stella] help! distella -> dasm case sensitivity
From: Greg Miller <gmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 19:48:39 -0500
Glenn Saunders wrote:

You didn't spend enough time in design, did you?

Since I come from a rapid development background, I am always thinking about code changes. So ease in making those changes is a high priority to me.

Conventional wisdom has changed a lot over the years when it comes to design practices. One of the reasons Hungarian has been fading away is the rise of RAD, Extreme Programming, etc. "Design first and code later" is not really very realistic when you have to do multiple releases, adapt to changing customer requirements, etc.

Of course, Hungarian always made things harder for me to read, so I wouldn't have been enthusiastic about it even if I never had to change anything.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/ http://www.indie-games.com/
"Taxation" is a polite word for robbery.