Re: [stella] Super Pong schematics?

Subject: Re: [stella] Super Pong schematics?
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 18:49:01 -0500
On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 06:31:51PM -0700, Roger Williams wrote:
> My understanding was that Pong was pretty much reduced to a single chip
> at some point.  If it's a little handheld thing it's probably not
> repairable.  If
> it's one of the big early units then maybe it's TTL, but I think all the
> motion
> controls were analog.

It's a big unit.  It's only second-generation: not Home Pong, but the
very next one.  Super Pong has four games in it: Inverse Pong (where you
catch the ball in a hole in a wall, Handball (?) (where one player has
the paddle and the other has a wall that extends across some fraction
of the screen), Double Pong (two paddles per player), and Plain Old Pong.

> > And, uh, what kind of bit is that Mercedes-symbol-looking screw anyway??
>
> Probably "Torx."

Nope.  Torx is the little asterix-looking-thing, right?  This is three
straight lines, radial, intersecting.  Literally, imagine a Mercedes
symbol; the outer ring is the edge of the screw head.

Anyway, this time the scoring went fine.  Maybe I had
just-a-little-too-little voltage the first time?  I was using it with
something like 5.5 V, and the next setting up, which is about 6.7 (my
voltage supply is, uh, not real accurate) seemed to work fine.

Adam