Re: [stella] Super Pong schematics?

Subject: Re: [stella] Super Pong schematics?
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 18:49:01 -0500
On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 06:31:51PM -0700, Roger Williams wrote:
> My understanding was that Pong was pretty much reduced to a single chip
> at some point.  If it's a little handheld thing it's probably not
> repairable.  If
> it's one of the big early units then maybe it's TTL, but I think all the
> motion
> controls were analog.

It's a big unit.  It's only second-generation: not Home Pong, but the
very next one.  Super Pong has four games in it: Inverse Pong (where you
catch the ball in a hole in a wall, Handball (?) (where one player has
the paddle and the other has a wall that extends across some fraction
of the screen), Double Pong (two paddles per player), and Plain Old Pong.

> > And, uh, what kind of bit is that Mercedes-symbol-looking screw anyway??
> Probably "Torx."

Nope.  Torx is the little asterix-looking-thing, right?  This is three
straight lines, radial, intersecting.  Literally, imagine a Mercedes
symbol; the outer ring is the edge of the screw head.

Anyway, this time the scoring went fine.  Maybe I had
just-a-little-too-little voltage the first time?  I was using it with
something like 5.5 V, and the next setting up, which is about 6.7 (my
voltage supply is, uh, not real accurate) seemed to work fine.

Archives (includes files) at
Unsub & more at