Re: [stella] Super Pong schematics?

Subject: Re: [stella] Super Pong schematics?
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:52:46 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I would doubt that the chip could go bad that easily, but Atari Pong
> systems routinely fail to give out signals and that's probably due to the
> aging of the other components related to the RF modulator.
>
> Replacing the capacitors might do it.

One of my other hobbies is old vacuum tube radios and it seems like I'm
always replacing capacitors.  Sometimes I'll replace them all.  The really
old ones tend to be waxy-gooey-oily and are quite failure prone, not to
mention the fire-hazard.  Beyond a certain age, they're even more failure
prone than the vacuum tubes.  But for video games, I'm not sure.  Those
capacitors are more modern.  But they still may be a good guess.  Especially
electrolytics.

John