Re: [stella] Hello, and.. my game

Subject: Re: [stella] Hello, and.. my game
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli \(home\)" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 00:59:24 +0200
Thank you everyone for your kind words and appreciation!!!
This really motivates me and is a great reward for my efforts! eheh..

I'm really glad you like the game..!

Now, as you recognize, I still have a way to go before the game's done. And
a way to learn too, since that's my first time at just about everything on
the 2600!

I understand the game reminds everyone of frogger, even thou it wasn't what
I originally planned.. but my lack of skill got me there :)
Probably I'd be able, either now or in the not so distant future, to make
some deep changes to the code like removing the "jumpy" up/down movements,
as Thomas suggested, but at this stage it would probably mean an almost
total kernel rewrite. But I would also like to see the game progress, and I
fear I could end up spending more time rewriting it than adding features...
Of course, anyway, improvements have to be done, and I loved your hints!
Something, like powerups, I'd though already. They're in my notes on top of
the code, if you can read Italian :).. I've left them behind for now, since
the code ended up not being so flexible to support powerups. But I'm still
thinking on a way to have them.

Actually the problem with power-ups and destroying obstacles is that I read
the enemy data straight from the rom right now, so I can't make big changes
to individual stripes of obstacles at the moment ... :(

Well, I'll do my best to progress and get back to you with some more
code/questions/spaceships! :)

Again, thanks everyone for the support...

Ciao,
Fabrizio.-