Re: [stella] Question about How To Draw A Playfield

Subject: Re: [stella] Question about How To Draw A Playfield
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:20:16 -0500

In Nick's program he does 2 scanlines before VSYNC, then the 3 VSYNC lines. Why did he do the 2 scanlines before VSYNC? Are they neccessary? When I comment them out my display shows the same.

Don't know. They're not necessary. I have the PF demo that displays "HELLO" and it's actually drawing 264 scanlines which is two too many. Comment out the WSYNCs and I get 262. If you use the Z26 emulator and press ALT-9 it will show you the number of scanlines being drawn.

-Paul