RE: [stella] Question about How To Draw A Playfield

Subject: RE: [stella] Question about How To Draw A Playfield
From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:46:35 -0400
Hey Thomas,

Before I looked at this and about the same time I had the question about
the 3 WSYNCs before VSYNC I was wondering why most sources wasted the
time during VSYNC. That was 228 cycles (76 machine cycles times 3
scanlines) wasted.

Then I noticed that you and Manuel used this time. He for animating his
cowboys in Gunfight and you for checking for the PAL or NTSC setting in
Thrust.

Now I see why you say in your signature that every bit is sacred :)