Re: [stella] PAL Conversion

Subject: Re: [stella] PAL Conversion
From: Paul Slocum <paul_stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:08:57 -0500

The pitch should be no problem, because the speeds here only differ
very minimal.

That's true. I'm not actually making any changes to compensate for this, but for the Synthcart I have to change the documentation to reflect the pitch change for people to set the tuning on their other instruments.

And if you look at my disassemblies of Activision games, you will
notice, that even such a respected company didn't care about the game
speed at all.

It seems like doing a subtle speed change in most games would be a real pain except for acceleration-based games. Fortunately, Marble Craze is acceleration-based and simply tweaking the speed table a bit and fixing the timer should make the game speed identical to NTSC.

BTW: Please check your EMail settings, HTML formatted mails are not very
popular on this board. :-)

I copied that info from the Stella Programmer's Guide and it must have used HTML. Sorry about that. I'm not a big fan of HTML e-mails either. Is all my e-mail coming with HTML, or just that last one? I hope it was just that last one.

-Paul