[stella] River Raid

Subject: [stella] River Raid
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:30:51 -0700
Could somebody give me a table of precalculated values for this function below from River Raid or an algorithm that would work in another language like Javascript?

By doing this we can reassemble it to start further into the game by changing the seed value. There is also a flag within the game to allow for full-width variation canyons which, when set to 0, should allow for a harder game on reset.

I don't know how it handles the fuel placement. It seems as the game progresses that there is more fuel, jets, and so on... The goal would be to initialize the game exactly to how it runs x bridges into it. I'm not sure I can do that, but if we can get a precalculated table, it's a start!

There are a lot of landmark waves that everyone probably remembers, like the first narrow canyon wave, etc... It would be great to jump ahead to them without having to play the whole game through.

SEED_LO = $14 ; change "to go, where no one has gone before" :)
SEED_HI = $A8

NextRandom16 SUBROUTINE ; implements a 16 bit LFSR which generates a new random number: LDA randomHi ; 3 ASL ; 2 ASL ; 2 ASL ; 2 EOR randomHi ; 3 ASL ; 2 ROL randomLo ; 5 ROL randomHi ; 5