Re: [stella] tutorial progress

Subject: Re: [stella] tutorial progress
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:17:14 -0400 (EDT)
On 28 Jun 2002 KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Heh, maybe I'll put in a link "click here to find out why
> this diagram IS A LIE" to a seperate page with the correct diagram.

Good idea.

> Has anyone had problems with stuff during the horizontal blank
> becoming visible?  Or does the TIA make it so the beam is turned
> surprssed during that time?

When BLANK is active, the TIA sets all the LUMA lines low, so that the
"drawn" picture is black.  And depending how things are wired on your
motherboard, it's actually "blacker than black".  Either way, it isn't
visible.

> it might be hard to represent the time when the electron beam zips
> back, unless it was much much less than a cycle.

Don't worry about it.  If you do, you have to give each scanline a
downward tilt as well.  Like this (exaggerated): \
Then it just gets too complicated and confusing to be useful.

-Chris