[stella] thin red line moves into 2600 101

Subject: [stella] thin red line moves into 2600 101
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 30 Jun 2002 21:36:24 -0000
I added a new page to 2600 101:
http://alienbill.com/vgames/guide/03first.html

Now, I have to admit I've done something rude:
I've solicited comments on the previous section, but have
incorporated the good advice I got into the them...yet.
I will.  But I'm going to blunder on anyway, and ask people
to do some technical reading of what i wrote and see if it
clicks...in particular, the section of code comments
starting "So why does the command do that" might be
too much handwaving about the zero page and why there's no
STA X
syntax...
(Also, I rejiggered some WSYNCs and what not, I think this demo
sacrifices a few scanlines that it doesn't have to)

Oy, this page roughly catches my guide up to what I have
hands on experience with!  Next step I should really start
doing more with atari complexities (like, missiles that know
when to be turned off! and reading joysticks, and making
sprites) and then start writing.

"But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not
 knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious universe without
 having any purpose, which is the way it really is, as far as I can
 tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me."   --Richard Feynman