Re: [stella] Animating the Marbles

Subject: Re: [stella] Animating the Marbles
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 08:37:50 -0700
At 02:55 PM 7/4/2002 +0200, you wrote:
I think it was Sean Kelly. But he only ordered 250 Dig Dug carts
from Oshea's and took the Superchip from them. I'm not sure if he
modified the complete Dig Dug boards, or if he created a completely
new board for his Elevator Action carts.

I was always under the impression that cannibalizing existing superchip carts wouldn't work. This was when we wanted to get Save Mary carts made... I guess we were wrong.

This method might be good enough for a limited number release,
but if you wish to make your games available through Hozer as
well, it would probably better to stay with Chris's normal
32K board. The Superchip only provides 128 bytes of RAM, so
Glenn's suggestion for your graphics probably wouldn't work
anyway.

I guess I confused it with it being 256 bytes total RAM. Sheesh, that's a lot of extra hardware for such a small amount of extra RAM. CBS RAM+ apparently yields 256 bytes and M-Network 2K. Anyone ever try to homebrew these schemes (besides the Cuttle Cart)?

One could always use the Supercharger but that might mess up if you wanted both players at once if each player can be on a totally separate level that changes at any time. It would work okay for single player at a time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/